Soon, electric cars will be equipped with a fundamentally new engineFebruary 24, 2019
Electric cars in the near future will be able to eat by cleaning the air. A new device for energy, developed by Belgian scientists, consists of two chambers and a membrane. Air is purified in one chamber, while hydrogen gas accumulates in the other.
For effective functioning the device must be located directly in the sunlight. Both cameras are separated by a special membrane. The purified air is collected in the first chamber, while pollutants are converted to hydrogen gas in the second chamber.
This hydrogen gas can be stored and used later as fuel, as is already done in some hydrogen buses. The membrane is the newest and most important component of the device. It consists of a combination of special nanomaterials.
Researchers say that their device also functions as a solar battery. In both cases, sunlight is used to convert energy through a chemical reaction. Scientists are currently working to adapt their technology for industrial use. They also work to improve the efficiency of the device with the subsequent use of it on vehicles. So, electric vehicles will not only not pollute the air, but will also clean it.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web