Smart Roads with Wireless Charging ProvenFebruary 8, 2021
The Israeli company ElectReon has completed testing a track equipped with a wireless charger for electric vehicles. The first results demonstrated the technology’s effectiveness, confirming that weather conditions do not significantly affect device performance.
One of the problems with modern electric cars is the slow charging of batteries. Roads with built-in charging stations can be an effective solution. This will allow you to receive the necessary energy on the go, without the distraction of recharging and simple electric vehicles.
The first tests took place in Sweden in the city of Gotland. A 200-meter section of the road was equipped with charging coils, and special receivers were built into passing cars. As it turned out, when driving up to 60 km / h, the track is able to provide efficient charging. At the same time, it was possible to get 70 kW for one pass through the test section. It also found that weather conditions, including snow and ice, do not interfere with wireless technology.
“Charging electric trucks built for long-distance transport while on the go is a real technological breakthrough that came after years of hard work. Successful tests have brought us closer to our ultimate goal of making revolutionary wireless charging for electric vehicles right under the road surface, ”says ElectReon.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts