Skoda unveils new Rapid for ChinaDecember 23, 2019
Budget Skoda Rapid get ready for restyling in China.
The debut official images of the car, already revealed in the “live” photos earlier, were published by the press center of the local Skoda dealership.
Judging by the sketches, no noticeable changes in comparison with the “live pictures” that the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the People’s Republic of China distributed in September are expected. Both the 4-door sedan and the 5-door hatchback will change greatly externally, having received lighting equipment, another radiator grille and completely different bumpers.
At the same time, the interior will remain the same – this can be seen from the dashboard, front panel and door cards. The only exception is the infotainment complex with a large screen over the entire width of the center console.
Information about the technical characteristics of the updated Rapid model for the Chinese market is still a secret, however, for sure, the car, as before, will be equipped with a 1.5-liter MPI 110-horsepower atmospheric engine, with which a 5-speed manual transmission or 6-speed automatic transmission.
The official debut of the family will take place soon.
- New DS7 Crossback Louvre Edition will showcase the Louvre’s most significant projects on the multimedia screen
- General Motors and its Cruise project will help Honda implement robotic taxi in Japan
- Vietnamese company VinFast unveils three electric crossovers
- BMW i4 electric car undergoes final tests
- New Mercedes-Benz S-Class recalls a couple of months after the start of production