Skoda set production record in 2019January 25, 2020
The company’s factories in the Czech Republic produced over 900 thousand new cars.
Skoda’s representative office summed up production results for 2019. At the co-production plants in Mlada Boleslav and Kvasiny, 910 thousand new cars were produced. This figure was 2.25% higher than the result of 2018. The largest number of cars was assembled at the plant in Mladá Boleslav – 590 thousand. The production of Octavia, Fabia, Scala, Kamiq and Karoq models was arranged at this enterprise. The power units MQ200 and MQ100 are also assembled here – last year their production reached 570 thousand units. On the territory of the plant, 812 thousand cars per year can be painted. As stated in the press service of Skoda, the plant is one of the most advanced and environmental in Europe.
The company’s factory in Kvasiny has been greatly modernized – this was the largest transformation of the company in its entire history. Most likely, it is here that Skoda will organize the release of its electric cars.
Skoda cars are represented in more than 100 countries, and the Octavia model is the bestseller of the brand. Last year, 260 thousand of such cars were produced. By the 125th anniversary of the brand, Skoda plans to start mass production of an electric car built on the most modern MEB Volkswagen Group platform.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery