Skoda has released a 22 millionth car for 124 years of history.April 16, 2019
The anniversary was the crossover Skoda Kodiaq GT, painted in a stylish red color called “Velvet Red”. This “historical” car produced plant in the Chinese city of Changsha.
Skoda celebrated a significant “anniversary”: the 22 millionth vehicle bearing the logo of this Czech brand rolled off the assembly line of the SAIC Volkswagen enterprise in Changsha. The honorary title was awarded to the crossover Skoda Kodiaq GT. The company itself called this event a new milestone in the history of the brand, which inspires future success. So, by the end of 2022, the brand is going to expand its model line, presenting over 30 new products. It is known that at once ten of them will be either electric cars or hybrids.
It is also noted that recently the Czech brand Skoda has been developing very quickly. For example, over the past five years, the company has managed to sell over a quarter of the total number of all cars produced in its 124-year history.
During this time, the company managed to go a long way from the bicycle manufactory to one of the largest automakers in Europe. The first car was released in 1905 and was called the Voiturette.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires