Skoda Enyaq electric crossover shown on teaserMarch 9, 2020
Most likely, the all-electric Enyaq SUV, which Skoda showed on the teaser, will hit the market this year.
Earlier this year, Skoda announced the name of its first model designed as an electric car: Enyaq. The Enyaq should be seen as a Skoda variant of the future Volkswagen ID.4. Indeed, in a video in which Czechs present the new Octavia RS iV to the world, Skoda hid the Enyaq SUV image. It bears a resemblance to the Skoda Vision iV, a concept car introduced last year in Geneva.
While the Vision iV was the so-called off-road coupe, the Enyaq is becoming a more traditional option with a roofline that extends further back. Enyaq will be built on the MEB platform, as will ID.3, and soon ID.4, and many other Volkswagen Group electric vehicles. The modular base turns the Enyaq into a rear-wheel drive car, although four-wheel drive options will also be available. The Volkswagen ID.3 engine list obviously gives a good idea of what Enyaq will be capable of. This Skoda can be available with 150 and 204 hp rear-wheel drive.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air