Shooting speed drift with drone: a look at the future of racing broadcastsApril 17, 2019
The American Formula Drift Championship published on its YouTube channel a video with a dynamic shooting of the qualifying race of the drifter Matt Field, which passed during the first stage of the 2019 season. With this video, the organizers wanted to show the capabilities of the new quadrocopter, which will shoot the competition from the maximum possible distance and unusual angles.
The shooting was made by the so-called super-speed FPV quadrocopter – a drone with a first-person view. The image with the camera fixed on it is transmitted to the pilot for special glasses. A drone on Formula Drift racing is run by Johnny Shaer.
The first stage of the new season of the drift series was held in early April in California. Lithuanian Aurimas Bakis, who has been living in the USA for eight years, won first place in the race. For the past four years, he has consistently been ranked in the top five Formula Drift leaders. Matt Field, whose car was shot for the video, finished the race in fifth place. At the end of the season-2018, he occupied the same line of the protocol.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air