Severe accident at the finish of the Daytona 500 race of the NASCAR seriesFebruary 18, 2020
On the last lap of the Daytona 500 race of the American NASCAR series, a serious accident occurred after a collision of leaders’ cars
During the Daytona 500 race of the NASCAR Cup Series American racing series, several serious accidents occurred, the most significant of which occurred on the final lap. Ryan Blaney, who was in second place, when trying to overtake, came into contact with Ryan Newman’s car, which was in first position.
Ford leader skidded, after which he hit the fence, rolled over, and then took to the air after a collision with another car. The pilot was rushed to the Halifax Medical Center, where he was given emergency assistance. An official statement from NASCAR says that Newman is in serious condition, but his injuries are not life threatening.
For the second year in a row, Danny Hamlin won the race, becoming the seventh-ever pilot to finish first at Dayton three or more times.
- Nissan showed all-electric crossover Ariya
- Tesla Model 3 lost a bumper on the go
- Electro-crossover Fisker Ocean will receive the Volkswagen platform
- Budget electric crossover from Renault / Dacia shown on patent images
- The new Kia Sportage first captured on the road