Set a new world record for travel speedAugust 14, 2020
In the USA, on the Bonneville salt lake, they set a new world record for the speed of movement on the earth’s surface among cars with simple internal combustion engines.
The Speed Demon managed to accelerate to almost 775 km / h. But the record was the average value, which was calculated based on the results of two races – 757 km / h. The streamliner has a 2,500-horsepower Chevy V8 HEMI engine that has a 6.0-liter twin-turbo engine. Together with the unit, a 7-speed automatic transmission functions.
It should be said that the streamliner has an internal structure, like an airplane cockpit of the “canopy” type. In addition, the car received four wheels placed on three axles.
Let’s remind that the last record, which was set the year before last, is also registered for Speed Demon. At that time, the streamliner managed to accelerate to 722 km / h.
In addition, it was recently reported that the Porsche Panamera has set a speed record at the Nürburgring race track. It should be emphasized that the most productive variation of the Panamera sports fastback took part in the record race.
- BFGoodrich introduced special off-road wipers
- Watch the 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S set a speed record
- Tesla wants to accelerate the emergence of Semi trucks and is looking for specialists
- Paul Walker’s BMW M1 to be auctioned
- Ferrari unveils racing-inspired version of the 488 Pista