Set a new world record for travel speedAugust 14, 2020
In the USA, on the Bonneville salt lake, they set a new world record for the speed of movement on the earth’s surface among cars with simple internal combustion engines.
The Speed Demon managed to accelerate to almost 775 km / h. But the record was the average value, which was calculated based on the results of two races – 757 km / h. The streamliner has a 2,500-horsepower Chevy V8 HEMI engine that has a 6.0-liter twin-turbo engine. Together with the unit, a 7-speed automatic transmission functions.
It should be said that the streamliner has an internal structure, like an airplane cockpit of the “canopy” type. In addition, the car received four wheels placed on three axles.
Let’s remind that the last record, which was set the year before last, is also registered for Speed Demon. At that time, the streamliner managed to accelerate to 722 km / h.
In addition, it was recently reported that the Porsche Panamera has set a speed record at the Nürburgring race track. It should be emphasized that the most productive variation of the Panamera sports fastback took part in the record race.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery