Selfdriving vehicles will receive technology HuaweiApril 2, 2020
The Chinese technology giant plans to oust US companies in the autonomous vehicle market.
According to Chinese media, Huawei is seriously planning to develop technology for autonomous cars. By 2025, the company intends to provide its technology to all local automakers.
“Huawei’s attitude towards autonomous driving has become very aggressive. She asked us to prepare a lot of tests this year, even if the industry is under the threat of a coronavirus, ”said a representative of the supplier company for Huawei.
Huawei decided to take up a new direction for a reason: its traditional business is under serious pressure. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which affects both global supply chains and market demand, smartphone sales could plummet in 2020.
In addition, the telecommunications giant is under further pressure from the US authorities. Therefore, the company intends to create its own unmanned platform, which can be implemented by local car manufacturers. In this endeavor, Huawei will have to compete with Waymo, Nvidia, Uber, Apple, Mobileye and Baidu.
- Electrification is gaining momentum: Volkswagen ID.3 nearly overtakes Golf
- BMW abandons a number of international events
- Volkswagen will cut production in Germany in February due to a shortage of microchips
- Genesis brings new items to Europe
- Kia’s new electric crossover could become the brand’s best-selling electric vehicle in Europe