See what the largest burnout in the world looks likeJanuary 9, 2019
For 30 seconds, tires burn 126 cars at the same time
At Australia’s largest automobile festival, the Summernats set a world record for simultaneous bernauta – “burning” tires when they slipped on the spot. The event was attended by 126 cars. Achievement will be recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
Australians broke the previous record, which was set in Saudi Arabia. Then 119 tires were burned at the same time. Prior to this achievement, too, belonged to the Australians – 103 cars.
In setting the record, they took a variety of cars – hot rods, modern tuning cars and classic models. Some cars used special tires, burning with colored smoke. Bernaut lasted about 30 seconds.
This year, the Summernats festival gathered more than 100 thousand spectators and 2.5 thousand cars.
- Race car pilot sent the car into the air
- Drag racing: Lexus LC500 2021 vs Toyota Supra A90 2020
- Jeep returns Laredo X trim for 2021 Grand Cherokee
- Hyundai Elantra N TCR or full-fledged racing car
- Interior view: vigorous acceleration of the powerful crossover VW Tiguan R 2021