See what the largest burnout in the world looks likeJanuary 9, 2019
For 30 seconds, tires burn 126 cars at the same time
At Australia’s largest automobile festival, the Summernats set a world record for simultaneous bernauta – “burning” tires when they slipped on the spot. The event was attended by 126 cars. Achievement will be recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
Australians broke the previous record, which was set in Saudi Arabia. Then 119 tires were burned at the same time. Prior to this achievement, too, belonged to the Australians – 103 cars.
In setting the record, they took a variety of cars – hot rods, modern tuning cars and classic models. Some cars used special tires, burning with colored smoke. Bernaut lasted about 30 seconds.
This year, the Summernats festival gathered more than 100 thousand spectators and 2.5 thousand cars.
- BFGoodrich introduced special off-road wipers
- Watch the 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S set a speed record
- Tesla wants to accelerate the emergence of Semi trucks and is looking for specialists
- Paul Walker’s BMW M1 to be auctioned
- Ferrari unveils racing-inspired version of the 488 Pista