See how the new Volvo C30 might lookMay 18, 2020
This compact hatchback was produced from 2006 to 2013. Then he gave way to the V40 hatchback, and then to the XC40 crossover. This model has never been a bestseller: because of its unusual design.
Designer TheSketchMonkey in his new video on YouTube decided to reflect on the prospects of the Volvo C30: will the Swedish automaker return this model to production in 2020 as a 2021 model year car? At the same time, the designer showed how this hatchback could change taking into account the brand’s new style, which has radically changed over the past 10 years.
In the process of “video conversion”, the designer did not change the general proportions and dimensions of the car. He began the process of transformation with a change in the trunk – he sought inspiration from the Volvo XC40. The novelty also gets vertical taillights, which quite organically fit into the new ensemble. This transformation of the stern Volvo C30 looks modern, but many fans of the brand may think that the hatchback has lost its identity.
It is also speculated that the potential new C30 could return with a powerful hybrid powerplant.
By the way, foreign car experts have no great hopes for the return of the Volvo C30. Although the project could be interesting.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets