See how the electric Chevrolet Camaro makes a “Willie”February 4, 2019
A video appeared on the Web in which you can see how an electric factory dragster Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro makes a “Willy” at the start – it gets on the rear wheels. The prototype coupe was built in collaboration with the pioneers of electric drag racing team Hancock and Lane Racing.
The Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro electric motor consists of two power units BorgWarner HVH 250-150 with a total capacity of 710 hp and 813 Nm of torque. They are coupled with a racing automatic transmission Turbo 400. Powered by the installation of a 800-volt battery pack that supports fast charging.
According to the manufacturer’s preliminary estimates, the electric Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro will take about nine seconds to complete a quarter mile (402 meters) distance. It is expected that in the future, electric motors will appear in the line-up of boxed Chevrolet engines.
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel