Scientists have shown a way to fully charge electric cars in 10 minutesJune 21, 2021
For charging, a non-linear voltammetry method is used, which regulates the voltage at different levels.
Scientist Rashid Yazami, known as the inventor of the graphite anode inside a lithium-ion battery, said he was able to develop a new way to charge electrified models. This method will make it possible to fully charge the battery in just 10 minutes. At the same time, the power reserve is rather big – as much as 800 km. This is only slightly less than the flagship Tesla Model S Plaid, which is capable of traveling 840 km on a single charge.
This technology is based on the principle of voltage regulation at different levels. Yazami uses an analogy with the rungs of a ladder, where each rung is a level of charge and a constant required voltage corresponds to it. The new step changes the tension.
Massive use of the technology will make it possible to solve a number of problems at once: the charging speed of “large” batteries, their heating and service life.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV