Saudi Arabia to build a new racetrack for MotoGPMarch 24, 2021
The country’s leadership wants to expand its presence in world motorsport.
Only one race in Doha will take place in Saudi Arabia this season. However, the Arab prince, and at the same time the President of the Automobile Federation of Saudi Arabia, Faisal bin Khalid bin Sultan Al Saud, is not happy with this situation, and he intends to build another world-class racing track.
Currently, the planning for the construction of the track is in its infancy – the designers have begun to develop a track that is equally well suited for Formula 1, MotoGP and various endurance races. Initial sketches of the track were provided by former Formula 1 driver Alex Wurz. According to preliminary data, the length of the track will be 7.8 kilometers with two zones, but of which it will be inspired by the Nürburgring, and the second will become more direct.
One way or another, but the developers still have a lot of work to do. In addition to the track itself, they need to think through such issues as parking, ease of access, nearby residential complexes, as well as take into account all the requirements of race organizers in the form of exit areas, safety protocols and much more.
- China unveils $ 2,000 electric pickup truck
- Polestar has proposed a new scheme for the acquisition of hybrid “1”
- Jay Leno tries to set a speed record with the most powerful Tesla Model S Plaid
- Bentley Bacalar looks absolutely stunning on the streets of London
- Lamborghini sold most of its production capacity