Saudi Arabia is preparing its own manufacturer of electric carsMay 2, 2021
Saudi Arabia wants to create its own electric vehicle manufacturer. The kingdom has already invested and is in talks to open a plant in Jeddah.
The country’s government has hired consultants, including the Boston Consulting Group. Experts will explore options for creating a new manufacturer of electric vehicles.
A government investment fund acquired a small stake in Tesla in 2018 but sold its shares shortly before the company’s insane rallies in late 2019 and throughout 2020.
The Saudi Arabian Sovereign Wealth Fund also invested $ 1 billion in Lucid Motors and was in talks with the company to open a plant in Jeddah.
During a media briefing in late January, the head of the kingdom’s wealth fund, Yasser Al Rumayyan, said they want to negotiate deals to expand local production this year or next.
“We are now studying electrical devices. As far as cars are concerned, we are currently considering several projects. They will be implemented this year or next year at the latest, ”the head of the kingdom’s welfare fund said by Bloomberg.
Read also that the Chinese electric car Neta S has demonstrated an impressive range of 1100 km.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km