Sam Sunderland won the 2019 Abu Dhabi RallyApril 7, 2019
Sam Sunderland (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) won the first stage of the 2018 Cross Country World Championship in Abu Dhabi Desert.
At the last stage, the participants traveled 351.96 km, of which 214.47 km was a special stage. Sam made exactly and without serious mistakes, not giving any chance to opponents. Before the start of the stage, Sunderland was ahead of José Ignazio Cornejo by 18 seconds. The first half of the special section lay on the large dunes, and the second – a faster route.
Strategy played an important role. Sam Sunderland kept a good pace and did not give opponents the opportunity to get around or reduce the backlog.
Sam Sunderland: “Everything went great. At the start, they decided to stick with the strategy originally planned. In the end, the route became faster because we were approaching the finish. I understood that I had to drive the distance as efficiently as possible. At the refueling station, the team told me that everything was going according to plan. ”
Sam Sunderland (GBR), KTM, 2:39:59
Luciano Benavides (ARG), KTM, 2:43:25 +3: 26
Joan Barreda (ESP), Honda, 2:46:42 +6: 43
Jose Ignacio Cornejo (CHL), Honda, 2:49:40 +9: 41
Kevin Benavides (ARG), Honda, 2:53:34 +13: 35
Sam Sunderland (GBR), KTM, 17:46:42
Luciano Benavides (ARG), KTM, 17:55:02 +8: 20
Jose Ignacio Cornejo (CHL), Honda, 17:56:41 +9: 59
Kevin Benavides (ARG), Honda, 18:21:33 +34: 51
Andrew Short (USA), Husqvarna, 18:48:22 +1: 01: 40
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera accelerates to almost 322 km / h
- Peugeot began accepting orders for new crossovers 2008 and E-2008
- Tesla autopilot is far from ideal: the car drove on its own on the oncoming road
- Off-road vehicle from millionaire SCG Boot showed in all its glory on a trip through the desert
- Crossover from BYD “in the style of Mercedes-Benz” was shown in new photos