Sainz: Racer needs time to adapt in the teamAugust 22, 2019
For five years in Formula 1, Carlos Sainz played for Toro Rosso, Renault and McLaren, so like no one else knows what it means to the rider to change teams. Based on his experience, the young Spaniard said that it’s not always easy to adapt to a new team.
Carlos Sainz: “Team cars are much more different than people think. The rider needs time to find out all the secrets of a particular technique. People underestimate how much faster a rider can ride if he has spent more than one year on the same team.
Each rider needs several races to adapt to the team and the car. This year we saw it on the example of Daniel Riccardo, on the example of Pierre Gasley, on the example of any rider who changed the team. The teams are very different – the difference is much larger than you might think. That is why we see that any rider needs time to adapt.
Look at Sergio Perez at Racing Point, Max Verstappen at Red Bull and Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes. They have been on the same team for many years and therefore know very well how to get the most out of their car. “I myself performed well at Toro Rosso in 2016 and in 2017 because I knew the features of the machine well and understood how to get the most out of it.”
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles