Rolls-Royce summed up the results of the competition among young designersOctober 19, 2020
The renowned British automaker Rolls-Royce has announced the results of the young designers competition for children and teenagers under 16. The winners received prizes in four categories and the main prize, which went to an 11-year-old girl for the idea of a roomy car with fenders.
In total, more than 5000 works from children from eighty countries took part in the competition. It was timed to coincide with the Family Day celebrations held annually at the company’s headquarters in Goodwood. The main prize was taken by 11-year-old girl Sophia, who proposed an unusual concept called Bumblebee 5000. She said that it is simply impossible to see anything like this in life. According to her idea, inside the car there are a comfortable table and chairs, a disco ball, the best surround sound system, Wi-Fi, GPS and many other technologies, including fully autonomous control.
According to Sofia’s idea, the car can change color depending on the season or the mood of the owner. After the announcement of the results, the design team turned the image into a realistic digital illustration using the same set of tools that are used to create the production Rolls-Royce. As a gift, the girl will receive a trip to school with a chauffeur and best friend in a prestigious Rolls-Royce Phantom. In addition, the Sofia school will receive a complete set of Greenpower electric vehicles.
The winners in various categories were also announced:
- Chengyang (13 years old) from China in the category “Technology”
- Saya (6 years old) from Japan in the Environment category
- Florian (16 years old) from France in the Fantasy category
- Lena (11 years old) from Hungary in the Entertainment category
All winners will receive a chauffeured ride to school in a Rolls-Royce Phantom.
- Ken Block’s Ford Mustang loses a drag race for the first time
- China will double the production of batteries for electric cars
- Ford F-150 electric version released
- New Skoda Enyaq iV Acoustic Signature will receive a unique soundtrack
- Mercedes-AMG has published prices for the extreme sports car GT Black Series 2021