Rolls-Royce patented name for electric vehicleOctober 4, 2020
The carmaker BMW, which is the owner of the British company Rolls-Royce, has patented the Silent Shadow trademark for an electric car.
A German patent office has registered the application of the automaker BMW for the Silent Shadow trademark. This name will probably be used to designate cars.
It is worth saying that the Rolls-Royce brand already owned several cars with the word Shadow in its name. In turn, the word Silent translated from English means silence, for this reason, it can be assumed that the British company has patented the name for an electric vehicle, which is expected to appear in the next 10 years.
Other details about the debut electric Rolls-Royce besides the auspicious name have not been disclosed at the moment. It is assumed that one of the current models of the brand will acquire an electric motor from the upcoming BMW 7-Series, but there is information that the British electric car will be created from scratch. At the same time, Rolls-Royce notes that despite the transition to electric traction, the company is not going to abandon its traditions.
In addition, it was recently noted that there was an advertisement for the sale of the Rolls-Royce Silver Specter station wagon. It should be emphasized that this car is equipped with a 6.6-liter V12 unit with two turbines, with a capacity of 700 hp.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web