Rivian raised $ 5.6 billion in investmentJuly 16, 2020
The American company announces a new stage of financing.
Electric vehicle startup Rivian has announced a new round of funding. At the same time, earlier the company was forced to change the timing of the launch of sales of its models at the beginning of next year.
The American company clarifies that during another investment round, which was successful, the company raised another $ 2.5 billion. Thus, Rivian received a total of $ 5.6 billion.
Note that this time the investment fund Soros Fund Management, which was founded by George Soros, participated in the financing. This company is one of the largest asset management companies Fidelity Management. In addition, the Baron Capital Group has invested in electric cars.
In addition to large funds, the current shareholders of the American startup also took part in financing at this stage, in particular, we are talking about the Amazon Internet holding and the BlackRock investment company.
- 15-minute flight on electric air taxi Volocopter will cost €300
- Lexus has created a special series for America LX Inspiration
- Updated BMW 2 Series undergoes high-speed tests
- Updated hydrogen sedan Toyota Mirai will be released this year
- Mercedes was the first to create vehicles on solid-state batteries