Revealed information about the new engines for Ford EscapeFebruary 21, 2019
The company does not yet disclose official information about the technical equipment of the new Escape. However, two different sources have already confirmed that the crossover will receive three engines.
For the entry level, a 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine is provided, which will replace the 1.5-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost, its capacity is 179 hp. (133 kW) and 240 Nm of torque. Next comes the 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine. It generates 237 hp (177 kW) and will become less powerful than the current 2.0-liter unit, which produces 245 hp (183 kW).
And finally, the lineup will include a hybrid system with a plug-in, based on the 2.5-liter engine. Details about it yet do not reveal.
All Ford Escape can be equipped with all-wheel drive system, which comes as an option. The hybrid system is available for all models except the base.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air