Renault will release a sedan less than 4 meters longOctober 30, 2019
French brand specialists are working on a new model for developing countries – this will be a sedan a little less than 4 meters long.
According to foreign media reports, the novelty is intended primarily for the Indian market, where vehicles up to 4 meters are subject to transport tax benefits. However, they will sell it in other car markets – in Latin America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
According to NDTV, the subcompact sedan will be based on the CMF-A + platform, which is already being used for the new Renault Triber. This architecture is an upgraded version of the CMF-A platform on which Renault Kwid and Datsun redi-GO are built.
Most of the work on creating a new model will be carried out by the Indian division of the concern – Renault India. Engineers use the experience gained with the release of Triber, which will help make the car well-controlled and spacious. The new sedan will be presented in 2020.
Note that the main competitors of the short Renault sedan will be the Suzuki Dezire (Swift sedan), Tata Tigor, Ford Aspire and Hyundai Xcent.
- 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee five-door spotted in tests
- Lynk & Co 07 flagship crossover spotted in road tests for the first time
- Interior view: impudent kid Abarth 500 drives on the Autobahn
- Volkswagen ID.3 electric car could get an open-top version
- SWAE custom supercar McLaren 720S gets more powerful