Renault will reduce almost 15 thousand employees worldwideMay 29, 2020
This will be done to reduce costs and overcome the crisis in which the company found itself after the coronavirus epidemic.
Renault intends to reduce its 14,600 employees. This became known on Friday, May 29. Such a strategy should be implemented over the next three years. The main reason was the deep crisis in the automotive industry caused by the coronavirus epidemic. The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance also approved a new strategy, according to which a leader car will be determined in each region, and two other brands will use its achievements.
Therefore, a certain number of employees can be reduced. The largest reductions will occur in France, where it plans to lay off 4.6 thousand people. The remaining 10 thousand will come from representative offices in other countries. According to preliminary data, this will allow additional saving of about 2 billion euros.
The company will also reduce the production of new machines from 4 million units. in 2019 up to 3.3 million pcs. by 2024. The main task for the coming years will be the development of electric cars and new innovative technologies.
- 2021 BMW M5 surprises with impressive design
- 2003 Honda Civic is sold at the cost of a new car
- Called the date of the start of sales of the new minivan Hyundai Custo
- Koreans have created a battery that will provide a range of 1000 km
- Images of a futuristic Suzuki car appeared on the network