Renault Samsung completes sale of SM6 TCeDecember 4, 2019
Renault Samsung stopped selling the SM6 1.6 TCe last month and hinted at a new car.
Launched in 2016, the SM6 TCe features a 1.6-liter gas turbo engine and seven-speed DCT. With a maximum power of 190 horsepower, it delivers more power than the flagship powerplant 2.0 GDe.
Renault Samsung offered a huge discount and sold off its entire SM6 TCe stock last month. Since the diesel model was discontinued in April, the SM6 is available in two versions: with 2.0 GDe and 2.0 LPe.
However, the completion of sales is not a complete cessation. It is expected that the SM6 will release a restyled model in the second half of next year. The company plans to strengthen its design and products, as well as update the line of powertrains.
Perhaps the TCe model will no longer be produced due to low demand: in 2018, TCe accounted for only 7.6% of annual sales of SM6 (24,800 units). Renault Samsung plans to reach 100 thousand units of sales in the domestic market in 2020. For this, six new cars will be presented, including a partially upgraded model SM6, the second generation, ZOE, XM3 and the new Master.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious