Renault prepares for largest staff reductionMay 27, 2020
The French company intends to resort to large-scale staff reductions due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to French media reports, Renault is going to phase out 5,000 employees worldwide. It is noted that the layoffs will be “soft” for a long period.
So, in 2024, the brand will dismiss non-key employees who will have to retire or resign on their own. It is noted that this is the largest reduction of the company in seven years. By May 29, Renault is due to present an extensive cost-saving plan that is needed to overcome the crisis amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In addition, it is reported that in the genus Douai Renault is going to arrange the assembly of models that were previously produced outside France. It is also planned to redesign a large enterprise in Flene and close three more plants in different regions of France.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network