Renault Megane RS Trophy-R set a lap recordDecember 8, 2019
The Megane R.S. Trophy-R managed to set a world record for front-wheel drive car. Driving was the French racer GT Laurent Hurgon.
The car of the French automaker managed to overcome a 3.6-mile distance in 2 minutes 25.454 s – this result was 3 seconds faster than the previous front-wheel drive record on the same track.
At the moment, the Japanese market is leading for Renault R.S. For Megane R.S, Japan is the third largest market in the world, ahead of Germany and France. The company estimates that there are up to ten thousand Renault Sport fans in the Land of the Rising Sun.
“Megane R.S. Trophy-R set a new record in its category, this time at Suzuka, Japan’s leading track, ” – said Patrice Ratti, CEO of Renault Sport Cars. “This performance is especially significant for 10,000 local Renault Sport and Trophy-R fans.”
Recall a little earlier the Renault Sandero 2020 model year was fully disclosed. At the moment, the automaker is preparing to launch a new generation, which will become a completely different car.
- Big crossover Kia will receive an off-road package
- Volvo will produce batteries for electric vehicles
- Volkswagen will release a frame seven-seater SUV together with Ford
- Skoda updated hatchback and sedan Rapid
- Manchester United goalkeeper defeats Lamborghini worth € 200,000