Renault Megane RS Trophy-R set a lap recordDecember 8, 2019
The Megane R.S. Trophy-R managed to set a world record for front-wheel drive car. Driving was the French racer GT Laurent Hurgon.
The car of the French automaker managed to overcome a 3.6-mile distance in 2 minutes 25.454 s – this result was 3 seconds faster than the previous front-wheel drive record on the same track.
At the moment, the Japanese market is leading for Renault R.S. For Megane R.S, Japan is the third largest market in the world, ahead of Germany and France. The company estimates that there are up to ten thousand Renault Sport fans in the Land of the Rising Sun.
“Megane R.S. Trophy-R set a new record in its category, this time at Suzuka, Japan’s leading track, ” – said Patrice Ratti, CEO of Renault Sport Cars. “This performance is especially significant for 10,000 local Renault Sport and Trophy-R fans.”
Recall a little earlier the Renault Sandero 2020 model year was fully disclosed. At the moment, the automaker is preparing to launch a new generation, which will become a completely different car.
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel