Renault may be appointed CEO of SeatDecember 12, 2019
With the approval of the French government, Renault’s board of directors is negotiating with SEAT CEO Luca de Meo to offer him the post of CEO.
CEO De Meo began his automotive career at Renault. Since then, he has gone through Toyota Europe, Fiat and Alfa Romeo, and in 2009 joined the Volkswagen Group. There he served as CEO of Volkswagen Brand Marketing and a member of the Audi Marketing Board of Directors. Then, for four years until today, De Meo was the leader of SEAT.
In October, the Renault Group intensively led the work of CEO Thierry Bolera and was looking for a successor. The Renault Group Board of Directors believes that, as CEO, De Meo has a positive effect on the profitability of SEAT. According to AFP, the French government is also in favor of his election as CEO. Recall, the French government is the largest shareholder of Renault with a 15% stake.
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled
- Genesis has published the first official photos of the crossover GV70
- Mercedes-AMG GT 73e hybrid sedan spotted in tests
- The Germans modernized the diesel Kia Stinger
- Genesis will double its lineup in less than 12 months