Renault may be appointed CEO of SeatDecember 12, 2019
With the approval of the French government, Renault’s board of directors is negotiating with SEAT CEO Luca de Meo to offer him the post of CEO.
CEO De Meo began his automotive career at Renault. Since then, he has gone through Toyota Europe, Fiat and Alfa Romeo, and in 2009 joined the Volkswagen Group. There he served as CEO of Volkswagen Brand Marketing and a member of the Audi Marketing Board of Directors. Then, for four years until today, De Meo was the leader of SEAT.
In October, the Renault Group intensively led the work of CEO Thierry Bolera and was looking for a successor. The Renault Group Board of Directors believes that, as CEO, De Meo has a positive effect on the profitability of SEAT. According to AFP, the French government is also in favor of his election as CEO. Recall, the French government is the largest shareholder of Renault with a 15% stake.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery