Renault global sales decline 35%July 21, 2020
This result was recorded in the first six months of 2020. The main reason for the decline in demand was the coronavirus epidemic.
Specialists of the agency of analytics and statistics shared data on sales of new cars in the world of Renault in the first half of the year. The total sales volume amounted to 1.25 million vehicles, which is 35% less than last year’s figure for the same period. The fall in Renault sales was less than that of PSA Group (-45.6%), but exceeded the decline in the market as a whole, which was 28.3%.
The most capacious for Renault is the European car market, where 623 854 cars were sold. The share of sales of the brand in Europe amounted to almost 50%, and the decrease compared to last year’s figure reached 41.8%. However, a positive trend was outlined for Renault in June – sales grew by 10.5%, while Dacia sales grew by 3.5%.
Among all countries, the largest decline in sales was recorded in India and Brazil – “minus” 49.4 and 47%, respectively.
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones