Reigning DTM champion will replace Daniel Abt in Formula EJune 21, 2020
The Audi factory team in Formula E named the successor Daniel Abt for the remainder of the 2019/20 season. The German driver will be replaced by his compatriot, two-time and current champion of the DTM body series, Rene Rast.
Audi, we recall, dismissed Abt after a scandal in a virtual race, when a professional simracer took part in it instead.
Rast will hold six races, which will be held in Berlin from 5 to 12 August. But for him it will not be a debut. In 2016, he performed at one stage, just in Berlin, for the Aguri team. Then Rast qualified 13th and finished 17th after a collision at the start.
In July, the 33-year-old German rider will conduct tests on the Lausitzring track.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery