Reigning DTM champion will replace Daniel Abt in Formula EJune 21, 2020
The Audi factory team in Formula E named the successor Daniel Abt for the remainder of the 2019/20 season. The German driver will be replaced by his compatriot, two-time and current champion of the DTM body series, Rene Rast.
Audi, we recall, dismissed Abt after a scandal in a virtual race, when a professional simracer took part in it instead.
Rast will hold six races, which will be held in Berlin from 5 to 12 August. But for him it will not be a debut. In 2016, he performed at one stage, just in Berlin, for the Aguri team. Then Rast qualified 13th and finished 17th after a collision at the start.
In July, the 33-year-old German rider will conduct tests on the Lausitzring track.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web