Rare Jaguar and AMG station wagon brought to dragSeptember 13, 2020
The authors of the Carwow Youtube channel compared two, at first glance, completely different cars: the rare Jaguar XE SV Project 8 and the Mercedes-AMG E 63 S.
Despite the obvious differences in positioning, these “charged” models are very close in certain indicators.
The hardcore XE SV Project 8, with a circulation of only 300, has a compressor 600-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 engine mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The all-wheel drive sedan accelerates to the first “hundred” in 3.5 seconds and accelerates to a maximum of 320 km / h.
The flagship S-variant of the Mercedes-AMG E 63 station wagon, which is powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 engine paired with a 9-band automatic transmission, produces 612 hp. At the same time, the model is more than a quarter of a ton heavier than the rival in this comparison, but the dynamics are the same: 3.5 seconds to 100 km / h. “Maximum speed” is 250 km / h.
The cars were compared at a drag distance of a quarter mile and in acceleration on the move (from 80 km / h), and also evaluated the effectiveness of their brakes – from approximately 113 km / h to a complete stop. in
It should be emphasized that quite recently, the specialists of the same carwow channel organized a racing race, in which such cars as the new Porsche 911 Turbo S, BMW M8 Competition, and also the forced Nissan GT-R took part.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km