Range Rover Evoque will be electric, but only in 2025May 9, 2019
Now the priority is hybrids. The current version of the crossover does not have the necessary technical capabilities to fully electrify. So you have to wait for the generation change.
Like all global brands, Jaguar Land Rover is preparing to electrify the entire model line. In the next few years, the company will be able to offer hybrid versions of all models, but the release of the electric Range Rover Evoque will have to be postponed. This was told by the head of the British representative of the brand Rowdon Glover. Already during the year a hybrid modification of the Range Rover Evoque will enter the market. Specifications are not disclosed yet. The complete electrification of the model turned out to be impossible for technical reasons: the platform is not designed for such modifications and is unable to correctly accommodate the battery and electric motors. A new generation of the model, built on a modified or completely different platform is expected only by 2025.
The premiere of the second generation Range Rover Evoque took place in November 2018. Therefore, the waiting period is quite large
- Changan Uni-V concept car unveiled in Beijing
- Foton showed a pickup very similar to the Ford F-150
- Premium brand Hongqi unveils minibus concept in Beijing
- The debutant of the motor show in Beijing Chery Tiggo 8 Plus surprised with a high price
- ABT Sportsline finalizes the Audi Q5 TFSI e Quattro