Range Rover Evoque will be electric, but only in 2025May 9, 2019
Now the priority is hybrids. The current version of the crossover does not have the necessary technical capabilities to fully electrify. So you have to wait for the generation change.
Like all global brands, Jaguar Land Rover is preparing to electrify the entire model line. In the next few years, the company will be able to offer hybrid versions of all models, but the release of the electric Range Rover Evoque will have to be postponed. This was told by the head of the British representative of the brand Rowdon Glover. Already during the year a hybrid modification of the Range Rover Evoque will enter the market. Specifications are not disclosed yet. The complete electrification of the model turned out to be impossible for technical reasons: the platform is not designed for such modifications and is unable to correctly accommodate the battery and electric motors. A new generation of the model, built on a modified or completely different platform is expected only by 2025.
The premiere of the second generation Range Rover Evoque took place in November 2018. Therefore, the waiting period is quite large
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed