Rally-marathon “Dakar-2019” startedJanuary 7, 2019
The sixth of January at midnight in Lima gave the start of the 41st rally-raid. In 2019, over 500 people and 334 units of vehicles take part: 137 motorcycles, 100 cars, 30 buggies, 41 trucks and 26 ATVs.
This time the competition will last ten days – until January 17, and the organizers promised a more difficult track to the riders, who have to drive five thousand kilometers. Three thousand of them are allocated for special stages and today participants will have to overcome one of them. It is short – only 331 km, but 84 of them with rather complicated road surface.
The rally route, we recall, is laid through Peru, so 70% of it passes through the sands and dunes of the desert. Last year, the path was not mastered by most of the participants. Including famous athletes.
Special attention is the Chinese racer on the Toyota Hilux – Yusyan Lien. This 64-year-old athlete takes part in the Dakar for the first time.
- Superformance has modernized the legendary Shelby Daytona
- Sony has no plans to release a production version of the Vision-S concept
- Latest internal combustion engine Lotus debuts this summer
- New Nissan Ariya spotted on tests in Japan
- BMW will cut its lineup for profit