Ragunathan fined, Alesi disqualifiedApril 1, 2019
After the finish of the Formula 2 Sunday Sprint in Bahrain, the stewards rendered punishment to two pilots for rather unusual violations.
Thus, the pilot of MP Motorsport Mahavir Ragunathan was punished for having twice crossed the finish line after the checkered flag – moreover, he passed the circle between these intersections in the racing mode, although the race was already over. Apparently, the Indian pilot simply did not know about it and continued to attack, which created a danger to other pilots. For this, he is punished by the loss of 10 places at the start of the next race, which will be held in Azerbaijan.
Trident driver Giuliano Alesi, the stewards were excluded from the race report – as it turned out, mechanics put tires on the left side of his car for the right side, which is contrary to the regulations. Alezi finished 18th, and after his disqualification, this place went to Juan-Manuel Correa.
- An updated crossover BMW X2 without camouflage was spotted on tests
- Hyundai Santa Cruz went to test again
- BMW introduced the updated 4 Series convertible
- 2021 Geely Preface flagship sedan unveiled in Beijing
- Songsan Summer copies the classic Volkswagen T1 minibus