Ragunathan fined, Alesi disqualifiedApril 1, 2019
After the finish of the Formula 2 Sunday Sprint in Bahrain, the stewards rendered punishment to two pilots for rather unusual violations.
Thus, the pilot of MP Motorsport Mahavir Ragunathan was punished for having twice crossed the finish line after the checkered flag – moreover, he passed the circle between these intersections in the racing mode, although the race was already over. Apparently, the Indian pilot simply did not know about it and continued to attack, which created a danger to other pilots. For this, he is punished by the loss of 10 places at the start of the next race, which will be held in Azerbaijan.
Trident driver Giuliano Alesi, the stewards were excluded from the race report – as it turned out, mechanics put tires on the left side of his car for the right side, which is contrary to the regulations. Alezi finished 18th, and after his disqualification, this place went to Juan-Manuel Correa.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles