Racing Shelby GT350H for rental company Hertz put up for auctionJuly 4, 2019
If you’ve always wondered which car is the coolest car in the world, the classic Shelby GT350H will probably top your list.
Back in 1966, Shelby American produced 1000 Mustang GT350 cars for Hertz, which used them as rentals for their more enthusiastic customers. This unique version was called the Shelby GT350H and has since become a very valuable item in the community of classic cars.
This is the original GT350H, which was completely restored to the 1966 B-Production racing specification. In the classic race car offered at Bring A Trailer auction, the chassis is repainted in Raven Black color with gold stripes in the style of Le Mans and graphics.
Other features include functional fiberglass side panels, bonnet pins, rear plexiglass windows and a front fairing and a rear glass from the GT350R. Wheels – 15-inch, American gold centered elements of Racing Torq Thrust D.
Inside is a full cage, a Cobra racing seat for the driver, a Moto-Lita steering wheel and Stewart Warner appliances.
Under the hood lives a 4.7-liter V8, which is paired with a four-speed manual transmission. A torque test in 2009 showed that the engine produces 387 hp of torque. and 478 N * m.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos