Racing Point satisfied with the work doneApril 4, 2019
On the second day of testing in Bahrain, two drivers worked at the wheel of Racing Point – in the morning Lance Stroll drove 35 laps and showed the eighth time, and in the afternoon Sergio Perez replaced him – 61 laps and the second result. The team is satisfied with the work done for two days of tests.
Tom McCullough, chief race engineer: “In recent days we have consistently worked on the planned program. Yesterday’s rain deprived us of time on the track, but we were able to collect useful aerodynamic information in the morning with the help of various sensors installed on the RP19.
Today we continued the aerodynamic tests with Lance, and then went to work with rubber and speed. The conditions on the track were much better – without sand and rain, which we encountered on Tuesday. In the afternoon we completed most of the program, testing four different rubber compounds with Sergio.
We completed the tests with a series of long laps. The time spent on these tests turned out to be useful, as it made it possible to better understand the features of the new machine parts, which we brought to the last two stages. We use the information we collect in China. ”
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious