Race Mercedes-AMG GT R vs electric Renault Twizy. In reverseDecember 24, 2018
Top Gear magazine organized a drag race between the hardcore Mercedes-AMG GT R coupe and the Renault Twizy electric car. However, according to the rules of the competition, the German sports car had to go in reverse.
Mercedes-AMG GT R is equipped with a four-liter twin-turbo eight with a capacity of 585 horsepower and 700 Nm of torque. Moving straight, coupe can accelerate to 318 kilometers per hour, but in reverse its speed is limited to 61 kilometers per hour.
Siticard Renault Twizy is equipped with 8-kilowatt (11 forces and 57 Nm of torque) electric motor. From a place up to 45 kilometers per hour, the car accelerates in 6.1 seconds, and its maximum does not exceed 80 kilometers per hour. The power reserve of the NEDC cycle is 100 kilometers.
This is not the first unusual race this year. So, the electric Audi RS3 built by engineering firm Schaeffler drove backwards Porsche 911 GT2 RS, and the authors of the YouTube channel Autowizja.pl organized a drag race between cars equipped with an automatic parking function with remote control.
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?
- Lotus partner to create lithium-sulfur battery for luxury boat
- See the giant Mad Max snow blower for Pikes Peak