Race Mercedes-AMG G63 vs Audi RS3 and Porsche 718 Cayman GTSApril 7, 2019
Top Gear magazine organized a competition between the new Mercedes-AMG G63 and two cars: the Audi RS3 hot hatch and the Porsche 718 Cayman GTS sport coupe. The SUV is the most powerful and heaviest of the trinity, and the Caiman is the easiest.
Under the hood of the Mercedes-AMG G63 is a 4.0-liter V8 engine, which gives out 585 horsepower and 850 Nm of torque. Box – nine-speed “automatic” AMG Speedshift TCT. From place to “hundreds” of an SUV accelerates in 4.5 seconds, and its maximum speed is 240 kilometers per hour. The mass of the car is 2560 kilograms.
Audi RS3 per ton easier. It is equipped with a 2.5 turbo engine, developing 400 forces and 440 Nm of torque. Acceleration to “hundreds” of the hatchback takes 4.1 seconds, maximum speed – 280 kilometers per hour.
The Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, which weighs 1,480 kilograms, is equipped with a three-liter “oppozitnik” with a turbocharger. Recoil – 365 forces and 430 Nm of the moment. Acceleration time to 100 kilometers per hour – 4.1 seconds. Maximum speed – the highest of all – 290 kilometers per hour.
- BMW i4 electric car undergoes final tests
- New Mercedes-Benz S-Class recalls a couple of months after the start of production
- Audi chief designer reveals details of upcoming E-Tron GT
- Details about the engine range of the “charged” Ford F-150 Raptor 2021
- Skoda Kodiaq received a new set of Clever