Prices for cars with internal combustion engines and electric cars will be leveled in five yearsMarch 15, 2019
During a Nissan Futures workshop in Hong Kong, the Japanese company referred to a recent study by Morgan Stanley, which states that electric cars will achieve price parity with models with internal combustion engines in 2024.
But according to Nissan, the gap in prices between the two directions of development of the automotive industry may disappear even earlier, because in Europe, where there are increasingly stringent requirements for the standards for emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere, prices for ICE cars will grow faster than in general the world.
Of course, this does not mean that the most affordable electric car will be as cheap as the most affordable model with an internal combustion engine, but since the cost of producing batteries for electric cars falls, the demand for them will increase, and thus the process will only accelerate.
However, there is a downside. As the demand for nickel and lithium, which are used in the manufacture of batteries, grows, the price of these raw materials will also increase with time, which may hinder the process of cheaper electric cars.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets