Porsche will release its own hypercar with an engine from Formula 1November 26, 2019
The company decided to create its own competitor for the Mercedes-AMG One. There is no specific information about the future engine, but Porsche Motorsport has several options for engines from Formula 1 cars.
Porsche no longer hides that it is going to release its own hypercar, which will become the new flagship of the German brand. According to preliminary information, the new product will become a modern interpretation of the ideology of the Porsche 918 Spyder. But as a power unit, a motor for Formula-1 of its own design can be used.
At the moment, Porsche Motorsport can use a hybrid system, also developed for the cars of the “royal race”, or a new six-cylinder turbo engine. It is worth noting that Porsche is not currently involved in racing, but continues to develop and build engines for other companies.
Unfortunately, now the hypercar is at the stage of development and discussion of the concept. Therefore, the details are not yet known. It can be assumed that the hybrid system, or rather its electrical part, will be developed and created by Rimac.
Back in 2018, Porsche acquired a 10% stake in the Croatian company, increasing its stake to 15.5%. Now both manufacturers are closely cooperating in the creation of electric cars and systems for them.
- Another Tesla Model 3 exploded in the garage
- New DS7 Crossback Louvre Edition will showcase the Louvre’s most significant projects on the multimedia screen
- General Motors and its Cruise project will help Honda implement robotic taxi in Japan
- Vietnamese company VinFast unveils three electric crossovers
- BMW i4 electric car undergoes final tests