Porsche will jointly develop lithium-ion batteriesJuly 21, 2021
The chemical company BASF will provide materials for high-performance battery cells in cooperation with the German automaker Porsche.
The German company BASF has been selected as the exclusive partner for the development of high-performance lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles, which will be developed by the Cellforce Group, a joint venture between Porsche and Customcells. As part of the collaboration, BASF will provide materials for high-performance battery cells for fast charging and high energy density. The Cellforce Group will manufacture the battery itself.
Sources told Reuters last month that Volkswagen Group, Porsche’s parent company, is seeking a closer relationship with BASF, one of the world’s largest suppliers of battery materials.
- Elon Musk announced the date of the Tesla AI Day
- Audi’s future electric vehicles will retain the radiator grille
- CATL Introduces First Generation Sodium Ion Batteries
- One of the suppliers revealed a new project Li Auto
- Audi teases Skysphere concept inspired by old Horch