Porsche stops productionMarch 19, 2020
The list of car manufacturers that temporarily ceased production to prevent the further spread of the Corona virus is again getting longer. Porsche also announces that it will temporarily close its production facilities.
Today, Porsche announces that production will stop at industrial sites in Leipzig and Zuffenhausen, Germany from March 21. For at least two weeks, the new Porsche will not go off the conveyors located there.
In Leipzig, Porsche launches the Panamera, Panamera Sport Turismo and Macan. In addition to the above vehicles, Bentley Continental GT bodies are produced there, which, of course, also has consequences for the production of this coupe. In Zuffenhausen, the production of Taycan, 911 and 718 Boxster and 718 Cayman.
The factory in Bratislava, Slovakia, where Cayenne is manufactured, will also close its doors by April 1, as will the factory in Osnabruck, Germany. In Osnabruck, Boxster and Cayman are being built in addition to the Cayenne.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network