Porsche is not going to give up gasoline engines even after 10 yearsMarch 29, 2019
At least, the 911 sports coupe even in 2030 will be equipped exclusively with the engine. But by this time, these cars can be extremely niche.
Lutz Meschke, responsible for finance and IT at Porsche, shared his view on the place of the iconic sports car in the coming era of electric cars. To deny the popularization and increasing demand for electrified cars is stupid, and we perfectly see that now global manufacturers are investing huge sums in this segment. Even the German brand Porsche electrifies almost all of its models in 10 years.
However, Meshke said that the legendary sports coupe 911 will remain a car with an internal combustion engine, or will have a similar modification. The top manager also added that similar cars will remain in other companies, but remain a niche product for collectors and fans of “real” sensations.
In addition to electrification, Porsche is actively developing in terms of e-filling their own cars. Now the company has become an investor for the startup WayRay, which is currently engaged in research and implementation of holographic elements in the driving process.
- EU to tighten battery standards for electric vehicles
- The first images of the updated BMW X7
- Replica “Batmobile” with machine guns put up for auction – she is allowed to ride on the streets
- Kawasaki unveils hybrid powertrain for motorcycles
- Mazda CX-5 will be premium and will receive new engines