Porsche introduced the 99X for its Formula E debut seasonAugust 29, 2019
On Wednesday evening, Porsche presented to the public a picture of its chassis with the 99X Electric index to participate in the sixth season of Formula E, which will be the debut for the German company.
In the championship, which starts in November 2019, the car will be piloted by Andre Lotterer and Neil Gianni.
“Looking back, we can say that we laid the foundations of this project while speaking at WEC in the LMP1 category,” quoted Racefans.net as Program Manager Maltese Hunecke. “It was then that we thought about the transmission for the new car in Formula E. We focused on the maximum efficiency of the power plant, and the technologies that were used to build the new unit were completely borrowed from the production of our serial Porsche Taycan electric car.”
It is expected that the team will hold another private test session before the official pre-season tests, which will be held in October in Valencia.
- Police will start sharing fines with informants
- Toyota Supra with Tesla filling in development
- Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix stopped due to terrible accident of Roman Grosjean
- Ford GT chief designer put his creation up for sale
- Hyundai and Kia fined for problem engines