Porsche has released a new basic version of the electric car TaycanMarch 16, 2021
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has published data on the base version of the 2021 Porsche Taycan model year.
The basic version of the Taycan is now equipped with a 79.2 kWh battery for a range of around 320 km. Those opting for the more powerful 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus have the most to travel 40 km – 362 km.
While these numbers may not sound so impressive, Porsche is keen to point out that EPA estimates are very conservative. In fact, independent firm AMCI Testing ran range tests for the 2021 Taycan and they reported 454km in the Performance Battery Plus version.
With a standard 79.2 kWh battery, the new Taycan has a single electric motor that drives the rear wheels and produces 321 hp. power (339 Nm of torque). When using Overboost mode, the power rises to 402 hp. The more expensive Performance Battery Plus version increases the power to 375 hp. during normal driving and 469 horsepower in the short-term power increase mode. The electric car can accelerate to 96 km / h in 5.1 seconds.
2021 Porsche Taycan Prices Start At $ 79,900
- China unveils $ 2,000 electric pickup truck
- Polestar has proposed a new scheme for the acquisition of hybrid “1”
- Jay Leno tries to set a speed record with the most powerful Tesla Model S Plaid
- Bentley Bacalar looks absolutely stunning on the streets of London
- Lamborghini sold most of its production capacity