Porsche conducts internal investigation of engine manipulationAugust 24, 2020
The Porsche Corporation has been conducting an internal investigation since June, in the center of which are possible manipulations aimed at underestimating the harmful emissions of cars with gasoline internal combustion engines. This information was shared by the Bild am Sonntag portal.
As the agency informs, the German concern has already reported about possible manipulations with devices and software of gasoline engines of its own cars to the German prosecutor’s office, the Federal Automobile Department (KBA) of Germany and the American authorities.
According to the publication, we are talking about units that were produced from 2008 to 2013, installed in Panamera and 911 cars. The German company notes that an internal investigation revealed some problems, but did not disclose details, emphasizing only that produced in the car is not currently a problem.
A couple of years ago, Porsche, like most other automakers, found itself at the center of an investigation into the so-called “diesel gate”.
In addition, more recently, it was noted that they noticed a practically uncamouflaged Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo concept. It should be emphasized that the German manufacturer brought the new model to the Nürburgring race track.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires