Porsche celebrates double victory in World Car of the Year competitionApril 10, 2020
At the contest “World Car 2020” (WCOTY) Taycan won a landslide victory in two classes at once.
In the Sports Car of the Year category, Porsche showed a historic result – the Taycan, 911 and 718 Spyder / Cayman GT4 were among the top three. In addition, the electric car was awarded as the best “Luxury Car of the Year”. 86 automotive journalists from around the world participated in the vote and evaluated more than 50 new cars. Winners were announced as part of a live online broadcast hosted by WCOTY. On behalf of Porsche, Michael Steiner, Member of the Board for Research and Development, received awards.
“The victories in the categories“ Sports Car of the Year ”and“ Luxury Car of the Year ”allow us to understand what we were striving for when developing Taycan. We wanted to create a driver-oriented sports electric car that could compete with any sports car. At the same time, we paid special attention to suitability for everyday use, as well as modern digital convenience and comfort for four people. We are very pleased that the WCOTY jury appreciated our efforts, ”said Steiner.
The World Car of the Year award was the next step in the success story: the Porsche Taycan and the new 911, which appeared on the market a year ago, have already received about 40 international awards, primarily in the main markets – in Germany, the USA, Great Britain and China.
So, Porsche Taycan, received, for example, the following awards:
• “Car of the Year”: Top Gear Magazine (UK)
• Breakthrough of the Year: Top Gear Magazine (UK)
• “Green Car of the Year in China”: jury of the Chinese contest “Car of the Year” (CCOTY)
• “German Car of the Year”: jury of the German competition “Car of the Year” (GCOTY)
In addition, he received a prize for innovation, which is awarded by Connect magazine (Germany).
Porsche 911 was recognized by readers of the magazine auto, motor und sport (Germany) as the best car even twice – once as a coupe and once as a convertible. In addition, he received the following awards:
• “Car Trophy”: Readers’ Choice Auto Zeitung (Germany)
• “Best Sports Car of the Year”: Auto Express Magazine (UK)
• “The best car for the driver”: Motor Trend magazine (USA)
• “Sports Car of the Year in China”: the jury of the Chinese competition “Car of the Year” (CCOTY)
“We are very pleased with these awards. They reflect the positive feedback from our customers and are an important incentive for us to continue working, ”says Oliver Bloom, Chairman of the Board of Porsche AG. “We consider ourselves to be the pioneers of environmentally friendly mobility and offer Taycan an exceptionally emotional and yet innovative sports car – electric and 100 percent Porsche-style.”
Regarding the awards received by the new Porsche 911, Bloom said: “Thanks to“ nine hundred and eleventh ”with its unique design, we have been successfully developing for almost 60 years. When a child draws a sports car, he often reproduces the forms of 911. We constantly and consistently developed his unique technical concept. This car with an engine in the rear and an ignition lock to the left of the steering wheel has become a true legend – and the standard that all other sports cars are equated with. “
- GAC to Unveil GAC Enpulse Sports Coupe Concept in Beijing
- Ford will put five electrified car devices on the assembly line in Canada
- Announced 1100-horsepower Tesla Model S Plaid
- Kia unveils updated 2021 Stinger sports liftback
- BMW plans to seriously update its lineup