Porsche Cayman can switch to electric tractionSeptember 7, 2019
The new generation coupe will be the second Porsche electric model
After the release of the long-awaited Taycan electric sedan, Porsche thought about developing a lightweight and compact sports coupe with an electric power plant.
In Zuffenhausen, they hatched the idea of building a purebred sports coupe with an electric powerplant instead of the traditional ICE. According to Auto Express with reference to the deputy chairman of the German automaker Lutz Meschke, transferring the legendary 911 to electric traction would be too radical a decision, while the younger 718 family is perfect for this purpose.
According to Meshke, the corresponding idea is already being discussed with Porsche engineers, as well as possible design options for such a model. “It would be a great prospect for the 718. The project could be based on a completely new platform, which we could later share with other brands,” – said the top manager. However, the final decision on the transfer of the coupe to electric traction has not yet been made.
- Images of a futuristic Suzuki car appeared on the network
- BMW M3 station wagon spotted in tests
- Top Gear’s Stig racer shows what the Lamborghini Urus is capable of
- New 2021 Cadillac Escalade can be driven despite windshield
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S vs. tuned BMW X3 Competition