Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport SVR and Mercedes-AMG G 63: who wins?January 21, 2019
The British organized off-road drag-race between the three “charged” crossovers
The British site Carwow arranged a drag race between two “charged” crossovers: the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and the Range Rover Sport SVR. In addition to driving on an asphalt straight, the cars competed in speed on an off-road grass plot, where they made their company a Mercedes-AMG G 63.
Under the hood, the new-generation Porsche Cayenne Turbo is equipped with a 4.0-liter V8 with two turbochargers, delivering 550 horsepower and 770 Nm of torque. Combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission, it accelerates the crossover to the first 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds. Range Rover Sport SVR is equipped with a five-liter compressor eight (575 hp and 700 Nm) and is able to accelerate from zero to 100 kilometers per hour in 4.5 seconds.
Mercedes-AMG G 63 drives the 4.0 V8 engine with a power of 585 horsepower and 850 Nm of torque. To 100 km/h SUV is able to accelerate in 4.5 seconds, and its maximum speed is 220 kilometers per hour.
Earlier, Carwow compared in speed five pickups, Hyundai i30 N and coupe BMW 328i in the back of E36, four generations of Audi RS4 Avant, five front-wheel hot-hatch and “hot” station wagon Mercedes-AMG and Porsche.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires