Porsche 962 is on sale at the 24 Hours of Le MansSeptember 19, 2020
On the website of the British company Historic Classics on Saturday, September 19, the racing Porsche 962 went on sale.
For this car asking for 985,000 pounds. This car is powered by a 780-horsepower 6-cylinder boxer engine with twin KKK turbines.
The car has a rich racing history: from 1988 to 1990, it took part in various championships like the 1000 kilometers of Monza and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Its most famous pilot was Tiff Needle, who is known for his participation in Top Gear and Fifth Gear car shows. It was Tiff who led the car to its best result – second place in the Silverstone Supersprint Cup.
The machine has recently been refurbished according to 1989 specifications. The restoration work took almost a year. Attached to the ad is a document with a detailed report on the restoration. A total of 91 Porsche 962s were built from 1984 to 1991, 16 of which were used by the factory team and the remaining 75. sold to individuals.
In addition, the legendary Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing was recently put up for sale. It should be emphasized that the car that appeared on sale was released in 1957. The first owner from Belgium owned the car until 1981.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web